DIY Wreath

Sunday, May 18, 2014

First of all I would like to say I'm sorry I haven't had a blog post up since Tuesday but I've been super busy with school and I just haven't had the time to do it!
My very first DIY is making your own wreath. I made this one for a doctor's office (family friend) and she loved it! I made sure to pick out the colors to match the whole scheme of the office: blue green and purple. 
I started out by taking a trip to Michael's Craft Store to gather all the supplies I needed
 
They were having a sale and I had a 25% off coupon! How great is that? 
 
The products I used in this DIY were all very inexpensive and affordable. I'm pretty sure I got everything for a little over $20. So I used a craft smart high temperature mini glue gun, Surebonder mini glue sticks, and an Ashland Wreath Hanger. I also just used some random scissors I had laying around...i forgot to buy wire cutters so it took a little while to cut everything, just a little FYI. 
I also grabbed this smaller Ashland wreath to work on. 
I just picked out some flowers that I really liked, mostly Ashland and got started cutting! 
I started to just go a little glue crazy and just kept gluing the flowers on the wreath. It was difficult to just lay them out and then glue...so I just went at it! 
I had enough flowers to go all the way around, but I liked the look of it stopping about half way. Once I got all of those annoying glue strings off, I grabbed my wreath hanger and headed down the hall to the door. I decided to put it on the waiting room door, just to spice it up a bit. Fingers crossed that the patients like it too! 
This was a ton of fun to work on, I'm thinking about maybe doing one for my house too! I definitely recommend you try it out :) 

Post a Comment