Motivation Monday

Monday, May 12, 2014

Since Mondays aren't that great and I never have energy on Mondays...i decided to do motivation Mondays! That way each morning I have the motivation to get stuff done and reward myself by getting to blog about it. (Woo!)

Today's Motivation Monday: Meditation 

Today in my theology class, bright and early, after taking some notes about grief and the stages of grief, the class took a short field trip down the hall to the chapel. In the chapel we meditated by listening to relaxing music.
We began by going down our bodies, flexing each muscle, then releasing until we made it to our feet. We had our eyes closed while reflecting on the highs and lows of our lives.
 
We made a timeline of our "Loss History". While talking about grief doesn't seem like it would be very motivating, it surprisingly was. The sun was shining through the big windows of the chapel, warming my face. The beautiful music dancing through the air, the sounds of the birds greeting the morning. It was relaxing to just sit there and think about my life. I thought about things ranging from the death of a pet to the birth of a brand new friendship. 
"Whatever results you’re getting, be they rich or poor, good or bad, positive or negative, always remember that your outer world is simply a reflection of your inner world.  If things aren’t going well in your outer life, it’s because things aren’t going well in your inner life.  It’s that simple." -T. Harv Eker 
I found this quote today and it reminded me of my morning experience in the chapel. Reflecting on the different high points and low points of my life helped me to realize why I am the person I am today.
I'll leave you with this to think about: 
What are the high points of your life? 
What keeps you motivated? 

1 comment

  1. I love this post, Jess! Such a great reminder to count your blessings. Thanks for sharing, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete